Saturday, March 7, 2009

Snow in Atlanta

This was a new challenge - shooting in snow.  I tried to stay sheltered, but I couldn't resist getting a few shots.



These two shots are a comparison of the same picture with slight editing of the bottom one.  I cropped the original just a bit because I ended up with a bit more driveway than I intended.  In Lightroom, I took down the exposure (ie, made it a bit darker) and increased the contrast.  I also adjusted the tint just a teeny tiny bit.  (A very technical term.)   The adjustments give him just a little more color.




I like this one because we just never see this much snow here.  Not sure it's really that great from a photography perspective, but it accomplished what I was looking for.  Thick snowfall.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Ok. I've loaded my photoshop and gone to Pioneer Woman's site and downloaded her actions. At least I can do that much. Looks like I'll be buying whatever book Kelby has on Photoshop. But the actions rock. And I got on this train of thought because of your before/after of James. And I like your blizzard photo.

Anonymous said...

Just what you needed- cold and snow- Welcome to my world! Great shot and those little changes ( technical term would be -adjustments ) made a great photo even better! My mom sent me photos as well from her snowy part of town as well. What crazy weather.