Wednesday, December 3, 2008

First Official Photo Shoot

I've finally worked up the nerve to post a couple of photos from the official photo shoot of my brother's family at Thanksgiving.  Didn't really have a clue what I was doing, but it was fun.




This one is only slight processed with the software that came with the camera.  (I have been analyzing whether I need Photoshop Lightroom or Elements or both.  More on that later maybe.)  I used my 50mm lens with a shutter speed 1/80, f/2.8 and a 100 ISO.



This one we did a little more post processing.  Shutter speed was 1/160.  Av was 3.5.  ISO again was 100.  I took over 300 pictures and some were not so good and some were ok.  Still learning a lot.

2 comments:

Molly said...

These are good! Way to go putting them out there. Do you feel like you used anything from class?

Cycle Mom said...

Yes. Mostly mechanical stuff - you have to remember I was starting from scratch. The practice was excellent though - things like remembering that if you got everyone off "the plane" at a low aperture, you going to have people out of focus- started to become a little more natural by the end of the weekend.